Kampmann Industrial Door Air Curtains
Handles the temperature at Dublin Airport baggage handling
The DAA and CJK have recently completed the modernisation of the Hold Baggage System in Terminal 1 of Dublin Airport. It was a complex and innovative long-term project that involved upgrading the Standard 2 HBS equipment in Terminal 1 to Standard 3 HBS, in line with EU regulations, while future-proofing the system for up to 40 million passengers per annum at Dublin Airport.
Outside Air Inside
Within the area are large automated rolling doors that open automatically to allow baggage to enter the vicinity. These large industrial doors open automatically then close again on a timer. This could risk allowing cold air form the outside to enter into the interior environment. To combat this the DAA and CJK used the Kampmann ProtecTor Air Curtain.
The Kampmann ProtecTor Air Curtain runs two air streams, one heated and one ambient cooler air stream. The cooler air stream is placed closest to the door and works in two ways:
- Acts as a screen for the warmer heated air flow, protecting it from escaping outside.
- The heavier cooler air, pulls the warm air stream downwards with it, creating a more effective air curtain down to ground level and enabling the unit to be energy efficient even when installed at a greater height.
Both of which results in energy savings of up to 38% when compared with standard Air Curtains in the market.
The Energy Efficient Choice
- Effective cold air screening across open industrial doorways.
- Energy savings of up to 38% compared to conventional systems.
- Fast return on investment with Kampmann door screening.
- Improved use of space close to the doorway.
- Coanda effect between the primary and warm air streams.
- Self-optimising back-up airstream when speed changes.
Kampmann has a range of Door Air Curtains each one designed for the controlled screening of air-conditioned premises with open doors and industrial doorways, creating a comfortable indoor climate and minimising energy loss.
At Keane Environmental Ltd., we understand that every job, large or small, has its own challenges. We’d be delighted to work with you to find the correct solution for your building. If you’d like to hear more about this or any of our other projects, contact us today.