3 Park Place
IDA’s New Global Headquaters
3 Park Place was designed by BKD architects. The iconic building includes 7 floors of next generation office space. Situated in Dublin’s most established office quarter and only 200m from Stephen’s Green, the IDA has moved into six of the floors of building in, Hatch Street, Dublin 2. While the others are to be shared by two other State companies under 25-year leases.
- The building is LEED Platinum
- BER Rating B1
- Highest quality building envelope insulation values
- Proprietary Phase Change Material to Thermal Storage units to maximise efficiencies
- LED lighting throughout with ‘Dali’ lighting control systems
- Rain water harvesting
- CHP plant to generate renewable energy
- Solar panels on roof to generate renewable energy
- Diffusion fancoils installed due to low SFP efficiencies achieved.
Airside control fancoil units from Diffusion, ensure a very accurate temperature controlling set point of +/- 0.5 degrees. In turn this makes it an economical choice for the end client, significantly reducing the risk of valve malfunction and contributing to the associated energy savings and to the achievement of LEED Platinum status.
Exposed & Concealed Ceilings Merge
Throughout the building, there is open space office working, breakout areas, theatre rooms as well as smaller and functional meeting rooms. Alongside the architects, Varming and Lynskey Engineering have implemented a series of grilles and diffusers to maintain air quality no matter what the use of space. Throughout the building they used:
- Gilberts GZL Single & Double Linear Swirl Diffusers
- Gilberts GSFAs Swirl Diffusers
- Gilberts GSFBs Swirl Diffusers
Each grille and diffuser was carefully chosen and implemented not only for efficiency but to ensure that it did not compromise the original design.
Fresh Air To Breathe
Comfort and hygiene were at the top of the agenda throughout the build. Gilberts GFS swirl diffusers ensures the efficient delivery of fresh air on each floor through these stylish floor plates.
At Keane Environmental Ltd., we understand that every job, large or small, has its own challenges. We’d be delighted to work with you to find the correct solution for your building. If you’d like to hear more about this or any of our other projects, contact us today.
Architects: BKD Architects
Consulting Engineers: Varming
Mechanical Contractors: Lynskey Eng
Suppliers: Keane Environmental Ltd.